Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Religious Roots

I grew up as a Catholic in Poland and used to go to church every Sunday. I remember feeling light and happy after that, but then I moved to Russia and my mom baptize me as Russian Orthodox, I was 12. I remember it didn't feel right, but I wasn't resisting. However after that I went to Orthodox church just couple times, it just didn't feel the same...Poland is very religious country but since a kid I was always questioning "Why people go to church every Sunday, but during the week don't do what is right?" and "What is the point of all this?"
    When I came to US at some point I was questioning " Why am I here?"
    I started to reed books about Buddhism and it was making more seance at that time then Christianity. Later in the summer I read a book "Eat, Pray & Love" which inspired me to look for some sort of guru or something, so I searched online and found Sri Chinmoy meditation classes and signed up for them for fall, but before I attended them I also went to other meditation gathering where I met a person who introduced me to New Message.
    Now compering NM material with other teachings I can see that this is the only one that is preparing us to deal with reality of the present situation and the difficult future. And this is the only practice that I felt like I should continue.
    It's been only 7 months, but a lot of things happened since then which I know wouldn't have happen otherwise and there are more changes on its way....

I love reading these stories. Some of us have such similarities with one another through our journey to connect with Knowledge.

I grew up a Christian and I have been trying to take out the "Gift of a New Life' for the School. My local Christian vicar has asked me if I was the person responsible for putting the fliers up on his notice board advocating the New Message. He has asked me to stop as it doesn't represent his Church. It was quite a difficult conversation, but, he did seem intrigued. Consequently, after asking me what the New Message was about, (how do you address that question in a brief conversation!) he agreed he would look at the New Message web site.

I very briefly explained about Marshall, the Angelic Presence and the Greater Community. He said he would get back to me. . . .

Rich: Thank you for having the courage to take the risk of posting the flyer in your church. You may have addressed this point with your vicar, but it might be helpful for him to know that the New Message does not ask anyone to give up their religious tradition, but offers them an opportunity to be a better Christian (or Muslim or Buddhist, etc.) because of the greater perspective that the New Message brings to all the faith traditions of the world-- a greater perspective regarding our spiritual nature (Knowledge) and also regarding the Greater Community of all intelligent life.

Several years ago, when two Mormon gentlemen came to my door, I was tempted not to answer it, but some little voice said, “Here's an opportunity to share the New Message.” I answered the door, listened to them, and then asked them what they thought of the extraterrestrial presence in the world today. They were speechless. I explained that my religious tradition deals with this. One of the gentlemen seemed intrigued, had many questions, we talked at length, then he suddenly realized what he was about and quickly ended the conversation. Who knows if that seed ever germinated, but I felt that, at the very least, I was able to practice speaking for the New Message!

I grew up a ....

It is stated in the New Message that people do not need to abandon their religious faith - it instead asks us to become Christians with a Greater Community perspective, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews or Hindu's with a Greater Community perspective.

The New Message honors all Messengers and Prophets for they are all united in a greater truth.

... Nasi Novare Coram ...

For you to comprehend the God of the Greater Community, then you must comprehend the Voice of the Revelation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12